The Mesquite ISD Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non profit corporation dedicated to enriching and enhancing the education of Mesquite's 40,000 youngsters. It supplies funds for projects and programs outside the regular school district budget through a grant application process. The founders of this organization come from a cross section of the community.
They have a vision of excellence for the school district, but realize that the lack of funds, both state and local taxpayer dollars, limits programs and services to students.
To alleviate that problem, the Foundation actively seeks donors from among alumni, citizens, businesses, corporations and other foundations. Funds donated by the greater community enhance innovative programs that benefit students and support teacher initiatives and growth.
The Foundation seeks to create a permanent endowment that supplements public education dollars. Programs are funded from donations and endowment earnings.
The Foundation was officially initiated by the MISD Board of Trustees October, 2004, and received its first donation in December, 2004. All donations to the Foundation are tax-deductible as defined by the IRS code.
The Mesquite ISD Education Foundation's mission is to create and sustain a visionary coalition of businesses and citizens generating investments and funding for innovative programs and initiatives that enrich educational opportunities in Mesquite ISD.
The Mesquite ISD Education Foundation supplies funds for projects outside the regular school district budget through a grant application process. Funds donated by the greater community enhance innovative programs that benefit students and support teacher initiatives and growth.
The Foundation endeavors to:
- Promote community awareness
- Seek gifts and provide educational funding
- Promote student development
- Encourage creativity
- Ensure the perpetuity of the Foundation
Programs will be funded from donations and endowment fund earnings.
- To promote community awareness about the Foundation and educational opportunities in the Mesquite Independent School District.
- To seek gifts from individuals, businesses, corporations, organizations and foundations to provide funding for educational programs advancing the District's Mission and Strategic Plan.
- To promote student development by funding education enrichment programs, math, science, technology and fine arts initiatives, and leadership opportunities.
- To encourage creativity among administrators, teachers and staff by providing resources and funding for unique growth opportunities, innovative instructional ideas and recognition of excellence.
- To ensure the perpetuity of the Foundation by creating an endowment and observing a prudent fiscal policy.