To create and sustain a visionary coalition of businesses and citizens generating investments and funding for innovative programs and initiatives that enrich educational opportunities in Mesquite ISD.
Creating a permanent endowment supplementing public education dollars to enhance educational opportunities in Mesquite ISD.
Short-term Goals (2010 - 2015)
- Grow the Endowment fund to $445,000 by the end of 2015
- Increase Community awareness
- Implement new and innovated fundraising activities
- Grow the Lone Star Legacy Gala to net over $100,000 a year.
- Fund external Grant Writer to secure external grants for Fine Arts, Math, Science, and Technology Initiatives.
Long - Term Goals
- To promote community awareness about the Foundation and educational opportunities in the Mesquite Independent School District.
- To seek gifts from individuals, businesses, corporations, organizations and foundations to provide funding for educational programs advancing the District's Mission and Strategic Plan.
- To promote student development by funding education enrichment programs, math, science, technology and fine arts initiatives, and leadership opportunities.
- To encourage creativity among administrators, teachers and staff by providing resources and funding for unique growth opportunities, innovative instructional ideas and recognition of excellence.
- To ensure the perpetuity of the Foundation by creating an endowment and observing a prudent fiscal policy.
Board of Directors
Why We Raise Money